515.05 Credit by Examination
- 515.05.1 Colleges may award credit by examination by requiring that the student pass a comprehensive examination on the subject matter of the course.
- 515.05.2 The charge for taking such an examination will vary, but shall not exceed the standard resident/non-resident tuition and operating fee charged for the number of credits earned, excluding the Services and Activities fee. This charge shall be in addition to fees paid for regular enrollment in the college.
- 515.05.3 Each division or department will determine the minimum grade standards for granting credit by examination.
- 515.05.4 Students may not repeat an examination for credit.
- 515.05.5 Students must be enrolled in (or have completed) at least one course at the college before applying for credit by examination. Credits earned by examination shall be graded but shall not be considered residence credits.
- 515.05.6 Credits earned by examination will be noted as such on the transcript.
- 515.05.7 Individuals may receive up to a maximum of 50% of the credits needed for a degree from challenge by examination.
515.10 Work Experience Credit
- 515.10.1 Colleges may award credit for work experience.
- 515.10.2 The colleges offering work experience credit will publish lists of programs in which work experience credit will be accepted, including the criteria by which work experience credit is evaluated and granted.
- 515.10.3 A fee will be charged for each work experience evaluation and examination administered by the college. A student must be enrolled in (or have completed) at least one course at the college before a request for work experience examination will be accepted.
- 515.10.4 Individuals may receive up to 25% of the credits needed for a degree through evaluations or examination of previous work experience.
515.15 Advanced Placement
- 515.15.1 Colleges may award advanced placement.
- 515.15.2 If an examination is necessary, the charge will vary, depending on the cost of the testing, but shall not exceed the rate charged for credit by examination.
- 515.15.3 Individuals may receive up to a maximum of 50% of the credits needed for a degree from advanced placement.